Updated XTensions and Automatic Indexing Systems for QuarkXPress 8 Announced by Virginia Systems
August 12, 2008 Midlothian, Virginia. Virginia Systems announced today that it is shipping updated XTensions that work with the new QuarkXPress 8 on both the Macintosh and Windows.
In addition, the Sonar Bookends and Sonar Bookends Professional automatic index generators have been upgraded. When converting a word/phrase list from a single-level to a multiple-level, a new feature allows the user to control the maximum number of levels that are created.
Updated XTensions include:
* Sonar Bookends Fnote creates and manages footnotes and endnotes. Footnotes and endnotes can be imported from Microsoft Word documents.
* Sonar Bookends QkLink allows the user to easily specify and generate bookmarks and hypertext links in a PDF file created from a Quark document.
* Sonar Bookends Sequence generates figure, table, and paragraph numbers and also can create running headers and footers.
* Sonar Bookends Xref creates cross-references, allowing the page numbers for figures, tables or other items to be imbedded in the text of a document.
* Sonar TOC creates a table of contents for a document based on style sheets. It also extends the power of the Sonar Bookends and Sonar Bookends Professional automatic index generators by allowing text being indexed to be marked with one or more style sheets. It also allows hidden comments to be entered and indexed, text to be manually marked for indexing, and more.
Free demos of all the XTensions are available on Virginia Systems' web site at: www.virginiasystems.com under "Downloads."
Sonar Bookends, Sonar Bookends FNote, Sonar Bookends Sequence, Sonar Bookends Xref and Sonar Bookends QkLink cost $195 for a single-user license. Sonar Bookends Professional is $395 and Sonar TOC is $99.95 for a single-user license. Volume discounts are available.
Updates to the Quark 8 versions are free to users who purchased the desired product after June 1, 2008. Otherwise, a one-year support agreement that includes updates is $125 for either Sonar Bookends, Sonar Bookends FNote, Sonar Bookends Sequence, Sonar Bookends Xref or Sonar Bookends QkLink. A one-year support agreement that includes updates is available for $195 for Sonar Bookends Professional and $75 for Sonar TOC. Support agreements can be purchased on the Virginia Systems' web site under "Ordering."
Virginia Systems was founded in 1984 and specializes in document imaging, text retrieval, automatic index-generation, cross-referencing, PDF bookmark and hyperlink generation, and footnote software.
For further information, contact: Virginia Systems, 5509 West Bay Court, Midlothian, VA 23112-2506, Phone: (804) 739-3200, FAX: (804) 739-8376, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.virginiasystems.com
Back to What's New