Virginia Systems Ships
Updated Index and Table of Contents
Generator for Adobe InDesign CS3
May 25, 2007 Midlothian, Virginia. Virginia Systems announced today that it is shipping an updated version of its automatic index and table of contents generator, Sonar Bookends InDex Pro, for Adobe InDesign CS3.
New features for Sonar Bookends InDex Pro 6.1 include:
* For documents consisting of multiple files whose names are either numeric or start with a numeric value, leading zeros are no longer needed to pad shorter numbers in order to guarantee the correct sorting of the names. For example, here are three file names that have been sorted into alphabetical order:
10 Chapter 10
The old naming convention still works:
10 Chapter 10
* The same numerical sorting applies to both multiple-level and single-level word/phrase lists, too. Here is a sorted word/phrase list consisting of numbers:
* For a multiple-level index, non-leading tabs on any given line are now ignored
* Preview mode, which lets you pick-and-choose which occurrences of a term are to be put in the index, has been improved to show more entries, and to silently skip entries that have too many page numbers
* A second, and more compressed, formatting option for consecutive page number is now supported. For example, "123-126, 129-136" can now be formatted as, "123-6, 129-36"
* Optimization of singular and plural versions of the same term now formats the result like this:
Computer(s), 123, 160 Party(ies), 41
* For multiple-level indices, any orphaned lower-level entries are automically merged with the next higher level entry:
Computers, Intel, 105, 110becomes:
Computers, Intel, 106, 110
* Index terms that are not found are now put at the front of the index for ease of handling the missing terms:
------------Index entries that were not found-------------- Smith, John Young, Michael ------------End of entries that were not found-------------
* Words in a phrase that are not to be broken up when converting a single level list of terms to multiple level list can now be connected using the underline (_) chararacter: Apple_Computer
A free demo of Sonar Bookends InDex Pro is available on Virginia Systems' web site at: www.virginiasystems.com
Pricing for Sonar Bookends InDex Pro is $395. Updates for existing customers are $150. Customers who purchased Sonar Bookends InDex Pro after March 1, 2007 can get the update for free.
Virginia Systems was founded in 1984 and specializes in document imaging, text retrieval, automatic index-generation, cross-referencing, sequencing, and footnote software.
For further information, contact: Virginia Systems, 5509 West Bay Court, Midlothian, VA 23112-2506, Phone: (804) 739-3200, FAX: (804) 739-8376, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.virginiasystems.com
Back to What's New