Virginia Systems Ships
Updated Index and Table of Contents
Generators that Support QuarkXPress 7
and Intel based Macintoshes
August 10, 2006 Midlothian, Virginia. Virginia Systems announced today that it is shipping updated versions of its automatic index and table of contents generators - Sonar Bookends, Sonar Bookends Professional, and Sonar TOC. The products all support version 7 of QuarkXPress and, for Macintosh users, the new Intel based Macintoshes.
New features for the entry-level automatic index generator, Sonar Bookends, include:
* Support for QuarkXPress 7
* Support for PPC and Intel based Macintoshes running OS X (in addition to Windows XP)
* For indices involving multiple files, leading zeros are no longer required on file names that start with a chapter number
* The user interface has been updated and is now consistent with Sonar Bookends Professional for easier use
* For a multiple-level index, non-leading tabs are now ignored
* Support for most recent versions of Acrobat PDF files
The high-end automatic index generator, Sonar Bookends Professional, has all of the above improvements and these additional features:
* Preview mode, which lets you pick-and-choose which occurences of a term are to be put in the index, has been improved to show more entries, to silently skip entries that have too many page numbers, and to automatically save more frequently so selections are not lost in case of a power failure or a crash
* A second formatting option for consecutive page number is now supported. For example, "123-126, 129-136" can now be formatted as, "123-6, 129-36"
* Optimization of singular and plural versions of the same term now formats the result like this:
Computer(s), 123, 160 Party(ies), 41
* For multiple-level indices, any orphaned lower-level entries are automically merged with the next higher level entry:
Computers, Intel, 105, 110becomes:
Computers, Intel, 106, 110
* Index terms that are not found are now put at the front of the index for ease of handling the missing terms:
------------Index entries that were not found-------------- Smith, John Young, Michael ------------End of entries that were not found-------------
* Words in a phrase that are not to be broken up when converting a single level list of terms to multiple level list can now be connected using the underline (_) chararacter: Apple_Computer
Sonar TOC, which creates a table of contents and extends Sonar Bookends and Sonar Bookends Professional's capabilties for QuarkXPress now works on QuarkXPress 7.
A free demo of Sonar Bookends and Sonar Bookends Professional is available on Virginia Systems' web site at: www.virginiasystems.com
Pricing for Sonar Bookends is $195. Updates for existing customers are $100. Sonar Bookends Professional is $395 and updates are $150. Sonar TOC is $99.95 an updates are $50.
Virginia Systems was founded in 1984 and specializes in document imaging, text retrieval, automatic index-generation, cross-referencing, sequencing, and footnote software.
For further information, contact: Virginia Systems, 5509 West Bay Court, Midlothian, VA 23112-2506, Phone: (804) 739-3200, FAX: (804) 739-8376, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.virginiasystems.com
Back to What's New