March 18, 2003 Midlothian, Virginia. Virginia Systems has updated and is now shipping its automatic index generator plug-in for InDesign 2.0, Sonar Bookends InDex Pro 2.0.
New features include:
* support for InDesign's Book feature. Simply put the files that make up a document into one or more "books," open the books and build the index.
* an option to remove unfound entries from a multiple-level index.
* marking lists of names as a block - a real time-saver.
* a new index format where group-letter titles are inserted before each group of names:
* automatic application of one style sheet to group-letter titles and another style sheet to the body of the index. The index can be reformatted by modifying the two style sheets.
* the ability to put a "+" character as the first character of any name that is not to be reversed. The "+" is automatically removed from the resulting list.
Sonar Bookends InDex Pro is $395. Customers who bought a previous version of Sonar Bookends InDex Pro after February 1, 2003 can update for free, otherwise the update cost is $150.
A free demonstration copy of Sonar Bookends InDex Pro can be downloaded from Virginia Systems web site at: http://www.virginiasystems.com
Virginia Systems was founded in 1984 and specializes in document imaging, text retrieval, automatic index-generation, cross-referencing, and footnote software.
For further information, contact: Virginia Systems, 5509 West Bay Court, Midlothian, VA 23112-2506, Phone: (804) 739-3200, FAX: (804) 739-8376, Email: email@example.com, URL: www.virginiasystems.com
Back to What's New